What is Lipogems®?
Lipogems® is a one-off, minimally invasive treatment that relies on the body’s natural ability to stimulate damaged cells. These regenerative cells are then injected into the genitourinary area, which helps to restore women’s intimate health for a variety of health issues. Lipogems® can alleviate symptoms such as vaginal dryness, burning discomfort, and soreness.
What can Lipogems® treat?
Lipogems® has been shown to help successfully treat a number of women’s intimate health issues, heling to dramatically improving women’s quality of life. This includes successfully treating health conditions such as:
- Lichen planus: an inflammatory condition that can cause bumps or sores in the vaginal and vulva areas, leading to a loss of sexual libido.
- Lichen sclerosus: a chronic inflammatory skin condition mostly affecting the vulva and skin around the anus.
- Vaginal atrophy: this is when the vaginal walls start to thin, become dryer and also inflamed as a result of the body producing less estrogen (usually affecting women during the menopause. It can severely affect a woman’s day-to-day life.
- Dyspareunia (pain during sex): most commonly associated with the effects of menopause or traumatic childbirth, the term refers to pain during or after intercourse.
- Urinary stress incontinence: when affecting women, it occurs when the pelvic muscles have weakened leading to an unintentional loss of urine. It may occur during physical movement or activity.
How does the Lipogems® procedure work?
The Lipogems® procedure is split into 3 steps. The procedure itself takes just an hour to complete under a light General Anaesthetic. The treatment is a day-case sterile procedure that takes place in theatre.
The three-step process for Lipogems® is as follows:
- Harvesting: taking 30 minutes to complete, two small incisions (approx 0.5cm) are made into the skin in the abdomen allowing fat to be removed via a suction tool
- Processing: the regenerative (known as adipose) cells are removed from the fat tissue via the Lipogems® system
- Injecting: these adipose cells are then injected into the genitourinary area by a highly-skilled gynecologist.
How can MenoCare in partnership with The Regenerative Clinic help?
MenoCare is delighted to announce we can exclusively provide women with Lipogems® treatment across the UK, though The Regenerative Clinic. Our world-leading clinicians can provide the Lipogems® procedure that will help to restore your vaginal health and leave you free from painful symptoms.