The MonaLisa Touch® is a quick and minimally invasive laser treatment that helps to dramatically improve women’s intimate health and her overall quality of life.
How does the MonaLisa Touch® treatment work?
The MonaLisa Touch® procedure is a speedy process, requiring 3 separate sessions that last just 15 minutes each in total. It is generally recommended to have these procedures 40 to 60 days apart, as well as one annual maintenance treatment. The MonaLisa Touch® procedure all takes place in an outpatient setting.
During the process, the laser gently acts on the tissue located in the vaginal mucosa. The MonaLisa Touch® laser helps to trigger a tissue regeneration process in this area that stimulates the production of collagen.
The treatment helps to restore vaginal health for women who have been affected by conditions in the genital area.
What can the MonaLisa Touch® be used for?
The MonaLisa Touch® has been used to successfully treat a number of conditions including:
- Lichen sclerosus: a painful chronic inflammatory skin condition that is most commonly found in the genital area around the vulva and around the anus. It causes the skin to have a white, shiny appearance.
- Urinary stress incontinence: when affecting women, this refers to a condition that causes involuntary passing of urine as a result of the pelvic muscles weakening. It can be caused by physical movement or activity.
- Vaginal atrophy: this condition causes the thinning, drying and inflammation of the vaginal walls leading to pain and discomfort. It affects many women during menopause as it is caused by the body producing less estrogen.
How many treatments of the MonaLisa Touch® laser are needed?
This depends on the severity of your symptoms. Typically, our gynecologists will recommend between 1 and 3 treatments in total, as well as 1 annual maintenance treatment.
The exact number of treatments will be advised following a clinical examination.
How long do the effects of the MonaLisa Touch® procedure last?
You can expect the results of the MonaLisa Touch® procedure to last for up to one year. This can vary depending on the severity of your symptoms.
Are there risks involved with the MonaLisa Touch® procedure?
There are some minimal risks involved with the treatment which is performed on a day-hospital or outpatient basis. This includes some slight swelling, redness, or discomfort following the procedure, lasting for a few days.
Why choose the MonaLisa Touch® procedure?
The MonaLisa Touch® procedure may be right for you if:
- You are looking for a simple outpatient treatment
- A minimally invasive treatment to tackle vaginal pain and discomfort
- A quick and pain-free treatment
MenoCare, in partnership with The Regenerative Clinic, provides the MonaLisa Touch® treatment. Contact us today to find out more about a consultation.