Yes, the MonaLisa Touch® procedure is safe to undergo with only small associated risks. The laser treatment is mostly performed on an outpatient or day-hospital basis, taking just 15 minutes to complete.
The potential risks are temporary side effects that affect many women after the treatment. This can include some slight redness and swelling in the vaginal area and slight discomfort.
However, this is only temporary lasting just a few days in total for most patients who have the treatment at The Regenerative Clinic, which MenoCare is partnered with.
What is involved in the MonaLisa Touch® procedure?
The MonaLisa Touch® is a laser treatment used to effectively treat painful, uncomfortable vaginal conditions. It is quick (lasting just 15 minutes) and pain-free.
The laser gently acts on the vaginal mucosa tissue which helps to stimulate a tissue regeneration process through the production of collagen.
Through this process, the MonaLisa Touch® helps to successfully treat a number of vaginal conditions such as:
- Urinary stress incontinence: in women, this is when the pelvic muscles have weakened and it leads to an involuntary loss of urine.
- Lichen sclerosus: a painful, chronic inflammatory condition affecting the vaginal area that can lead to pain and discomfort dramatically affecting a woman’s day-to-day life.
- Vaginal atrophy: caused by a fall in estrogen production in a woman’s body, this leads to vaginal dryness, pain, and soreness. It often affects women during menopause.
What is the recovery period for the MonaLisa Touch® procedure?
For most women who undergo this laser treatment the recovery period is usually less than two days before being able to return to work.
However, this can depend on the severity of the symptoms and the individual patient.
Why choose the MonaLisa Touch® procedure?
Many women decide to opt for this laser treatment as:
- It effectively treats vaginal pain and discomfort
- It is a quick procedure taking less than 15 minutes
- It is minimally invasive
- The procedure is virtually pain-free
To find out more about the treatment provided through MenoCare (in partnership with The Regenerative Clinic) contact us today.